This comprehensive AppleCare Protection Plan covers your iMac, as well as an AirPort Extreme Card, an AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station, and Apple RAM purchased for your iMac.
Extend your coverage to three years of service and expert telephone technical support.
The AppleCare Protection Plan provides global repair coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world. Apple hardware coverage includes:
- Your Mac computer
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station, or Time Capsule (must be purchased within 2 years of Mac purchase)
- Apple display purchased with your Mac
Because Apple designs the computer, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Here's what you get:
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Global repair coverage
- Onsite repair for desktop computers: Request that a technician come to your work site
- Mail-in repair for portable computers: Mail in your Mac using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair: Take your Mac to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Whether you're sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of Mac topics, including:
- Using the Mac OS X operating system
- Quick how-to questions about iLife and iWork
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks
The AppleCare Protection Plan is subject to terms and conditions, which are provided on the AppleCare Protection Plan website.
- To qualify for the AppleCare Protection Plan, your product must be within its one-year Apple hardware warranty.
- A separate AppleCare Protection Plan must be purchased for each Apple system to be covered.
- Onsite service for desktop computers is available within a 50-mile (80-kilometer) radius of an Apple authorized onsite service provider in the country where the plan is purchased and enrolled.
- The AppleCare Protection Plan covers an Apple keyboard and mouse when they are included with a covered product. An AirPort Extreme Card, an AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station, and Apple RAM are included in the coverage of the computer with which they are used.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan anytime?
You can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan anytime within the one-year limited warranty period. Your eligibility for coverage under the AppleCare Protection Plan starts from your hardware purchase date. Apple strongly recommends that you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan when you purchase your Apple product to maximize the additional benefits provided under the plan.What service options does the AppleCare Protection Plan offer?
Apple may provide service through one or more of the following options: carry-in service (to Apple retail stores or Apple Authorized Service Providers), direct mail-in service, onsite service (for desktop computers), or Do-It-Yourself (DIY) parts (so you can service your own product).What does "global repair coverage" mean?
If you take your Apple hardware with you when you travel and happen to need repair service, the AppleCare Protection Plan offers global repair coverage. You can either go to an Apple retail store or contact Apple for information on how to obtain service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability, and response time vary according to country. Please see the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete details.When I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan, do I need to register it?
If you purchase your AppleCare Protection Plan and your covered product separately or elsewhere, you will need to register your AppleCare Protection Plan. Your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage starts from your hardware purchase date. Registering your AppleCare Protection Plan at a later date does not extend your coverage.